Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Reflective piece
I decided on my specific ad by picking something that I knew and by looking at how I could redesign it. If it was too hard to design I would move on to a different ad. The product had to be something I was familiar with so that it would look like an ad the company would make. I came up with the idea in my mind. I knew from seeing them on TV and magazines that Campbell’s soup ads usually are targeted towards children and adult with young children. I figured the middle aged adult would be a good new audience because it hadn’t been done by them before. One challenge I had was designing an ad for an audience that I could not relate to. I overcame this by putting the typical items of dinner and making dinner in the ad. I liked this paper and definitely used what I liked to my advantage. I liked the fact that we had a chance to be creative without having to do something like draw a picture. I used this by coming up with a great idea and almost making a story out of it. I learn and understand some things now that I have done this essay. I feel like I understand the appeals better (logos, ethos, pathos). I also understand now how advertisements use these to get their message or product to a certain audience. If I got a second chance to write this essay I think I would take more time to edit my paper. I would also take more time to make sure I knew what the appeals were and how they applied to my paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment