Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Visual Arguement
The Nissan Leaf car is trying to appeal to the animal lovers and environment friendly audience. Everybody has heard about global warming and that the ice caps are melting. They show this to the extreme with the polar bear swimming in high waters and being in an environment it shouldn’t be. I personally take the oppositional view on this commercial. First, my dad works for a company that sells decal parts to the American car companies. Nissan is not one of those companies. Second, I know from what my dad tells me that electric and/or hybrid cars don’t sell and do well. Lastly, global warming which is the issue they portray in the commercial is a very controversial topic. I personally don’t think that man is responsible for global warming or the fact that the ice caps are melting. A lot of the animal lovers and environment friendly people might see that commercial and think that the car is a good investment and idea. I know from what my dad says that making those kinds of cars is more expensive and that they are not selling very well. This means that car companies are losing money because they are making these cars. I would not buy this car because the commercial unrealistically portrays the polar bear being in cities and towns like ours because it has nowhere to go. This is very unlikely due to the fact that the polar bear couldn’t survive in the conditions we live in even if it was winter (it didn’t look like winter in the commercial). In all I feel that this commercial was ineffective on me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment