Dear younger Rebecca Christie,
One big mistake you are
going to make is not getting your license right away. I am writing this letter
to prevent this mistake from happening. It is very important that you listen to
me and not just shrug it off. First, you need to take the first Driver’s Ed
course as soon as you can. Next, you need to practice driving with mom. After
that you need to get your permit. Once you have your permit make sure you
continue to practice. Next, you need to take the second course as soon as you
can. After you have finished taken the last course practice until you and mom
feel you are ready to take the test. Finally, take the test and make sure you
study for it. Once you turn 16 you will get your license and you will be more
free and independent. Don’t forget to also concentrate at school as well. I am
now in college and mom and dad are still driving me. I am a commuter and it is
a pain that I have to be driven everywhere by my parents. Also I always have to
ask friends to drive me when we get together. If you start it early and
continue to practice you will be able to drive yourself to college instead of
having to be driven by mom and her schedule dominating your college life. Make
sure you ask mom to go out to practice driving more often because that will
convince her that you are ready to take the final test. Don’t worry about
school; you will have plenty of time to get everything done. Also, you will be
able to drive yourself to school your senior year of high school. This mistake
will affect your life dramatically in ways you don’t even realize yet. This
issue affects not only you; it also affects mom and dad (our parents). Think
about all the time and energy they suffer by having to drive you everywhere
when you are supposed to be able to drive yourself. If you show you want to
learn to drive and get your license, mom and dad will see you as more
responsible and will respect you more. Trust between you and our parents will
be stronger and better. If you have your license you will have more of the
freedom that you want. Treat this process as serious as you do school because
this will be a very important step for you. Just remember what I said which is
to start training early and follow through with hard work and determination.
Everything will be all right. You can do this and you deserve to be
independent, happy, and free. Please listen to me because I know you will be
happier in the long run if you do what I say. This is very important and you
need to know that it will make life easier as well.
From someone who is smarter then you,
Older Rebecca
Christie
I think that you gave successful advice. I think that you were able to convince your younger self to take your advice because you explained all of the reasons that you wish you could go back and change that, which shows just how serious you are. I like that you explained each step of the way so that we could understand how it would benefit you in the long run.
ReplyDeleteYou gave great advice in your letter to yourself exlaining your mistake. You realized what you did wrong and were able to clearly explain that, and what you can do to prevent it. A detailed list was given of the steps you should take inorder to prevent that mistake. I like that you wrote about the effects of the mistake you made.
ReplyDeleteI can definitely feel your pain. I think you gave yourself great advice in persuading yourself to get your license sooner so that you're more independent. Driving is actually a bigger deal than people think it is because you have to put a lot of time and effort into it. You gave great examples as to what you would change so that you don't make the same mistake and how greatly you would benefit from it. It is such a pain having to rely on parents and friends to drive you everywhere!
ReplyDelete