Thursday, September 20, 2012

Literacy timeline



4 years old- spoke my first word
·         Elementary school= Dad reads books to me and my sister, I read books in morning as my mom helps me get ready
·         Not a big book reader
·         Speech and Language therapy
·         Dr.Suess and picture books were the first books that I read which helped me develop my skills
·         Father loves  historical/factual books, mother doesn’t like books, older sister likes all kinds of  books
·         Slow reader and difficulty understanding made it hard to read and write
·         Television, movies were more my passion.
·         Horrible handwriting which many people couldn’t read discouraged me from writing
·         Middle school= typing class was slow when everyone was fast
·         Mysteries (Nancy drew, Agatha Christie) were the only kind of stories that I enjoyed reading
·         High school= started reading sci-fi and fantasy books, combination of romance and different people made me feel better that I wasn’t like everybody else.
·         Get involved in series and get consumed by them.
·         Would make up stories in my head based on other books I read, T.V shows I watched, and things that happened to me
·         Would sometimes write them down
·         Reading and writing was/is an escape from my life especially when life would get hard
·         Father jokes I might become a writer when I am older.
·         The more I read and write the better I felt about my literacy and myself
·         Got a Kindle in the middle of high school. It made me read more(don’t know why) 
·         Now can’t wait for the next book that I am going to read to come out

No comments:

Post a Comment