We the People of the United States, in Order to form a
more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for
the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty
to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for
the United States of America. This is the preamble of the U.S constitution one
of the most important documents in our history. With all the upcoming election
for president coming up I wanted to get information on both sides. There is
plenty of pro-Obama information out there in the media, from my teachers from
my family. Anti-Obama is harder to find and figure out. My father is right now
what everybody calls a republican. I have always actually considered him more
of a pro-American even though he is a Canadian. Most of the time when he would
go on his anti-Obama rants, I would just tune it out or just nod my head and
say ok in the right places. I recently went to see the movie 2016: Obama’s
America. It has not been promoted in the media or by anyone I know. I went into
the movie with an open mind. That wasn’t very hard because I didn’t know that
much about Obama. I found out a great deal about him in this movie. The movie basically
explains this one man’s discovery of who Obama is and why he has made the
decisions he has in the white house. This movie was basically a version of the
man’s (Dinesh D'Souza) book. In the
movie the man basically just reads Obama’s autobiography and interviews people
and then draws conclusions based on the facts he has been given. The first
thing I noticed was that there were more people than I expected there. There
were between 40-50 people in the theater when I expected there to be maybe two
other people there along with me and my parents. The next thing that surprised
me was after the movie everyone clapped when the credits started rolling. Most
of the movie’s I go to even when they were rated famously great like The Dark
Knight no one clapped at the end. The last thing that I thought was interesting
was the fact that I was so captivated by the movie. That was very evident when
I had to rush to the bathroom right after the movie ended. When my parent’s and
I got into the car, we discussed the movie on and off like. There would be
periods of calm discussion and then there would be periods of passionate conversation.
Watching this movie certainly was a factor in choosing which side I am going to
vote for in this next election. It also made me wake up to what was really
going on in this world and look at the facts that I was choosing to ignore. I
don’t expect you to share my opinion all I want you to do is to go and see this
movie and make conclusions for yourself. After all, isn’t that the goal of a
great documentary film?
No comments:
Post a Comment