Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Why writing is important?




            Writing is important in my career of being an elementary school teacher. I will be teaching the basics of writing to younger children so I should know how to write effectively. Also, I might have to write reports to my colleagues and supervisor. Being a good writer will help me be successful in my career because it will shoe that I am capable of teaching writing as well as other courses. Even though I will not be teaching that advance kind of writing it is important that I know it so that I can set up the basics for the students I will be teaching.

Writing is important in school because it is the most effective way other than actually telling someone how you feel and the fact that you know what the class is working on. Taking tests and writing papers are the two best ways to show you know the material and can use it. No one likes to take tests so writing is a good second option. Writing can also help improve other subjects. If you can write effectively you can take notes effectively. Taking notes is very important in school because you can then get all the information the teacher is teaching.

I improve my writing in a lot of ways. I write in a journal so I have an easier time getting my thoughts down which might come in handy if I write a paper about a subject I am passionate about. I also write down some stories that pop in my head. My stories come from dreams or ideas I get from reading other stories. If only I can improve my typing skills now.

3 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of the design of your blog and how you added humor to your post. It seems like you've spent a lot of time thinking about all the ways writing will be important during your career. It's also good that you've identified the ways you work to improve your writing so that you can continue to do those things throughout college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a great reason for working so hard on your writing. It takes a good hearted person to be a great teacher. Just something to look at is getting a program that looks at your grammar not just your spelling. I say this because in your writing you miss spelled show because it said you spelled shoe correctly. Just a thought to help you out in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you stay encouraged in developing your writing skills. As you said, it will come to great use as an elementary school teacher. I also like the simplicity of your blog layout.

    ReplyDelete